Replying to a comment on:
Nutty (Free verse) by Bacchus
"...each of these techniques tends to undermine the other persons
confidence in his own emotional reactions and his own preception of
1. Repeatedly call attention to the areas of the personality of which
the other is dimly aware. These areas are quite at variance with the
kind of person that the other person considers himself to be.
2. Provoke or stimulate the other person sexually in situations in which
it would be disasterous for the other person to respond or seek
3. Simultaneously expose the other person to stimulation and frustration,
or to rapidly alternating stimulation and frustration.
4. Relate to the other person simultaneously at unrelated levels (ie
sexually and intellectually).
5. Switch from one emotional wavelength to another while on the same
topic (being 'serious' and then being 'funny' about the same thing).
6. Switch from one topic to the next while maintaining the same
emotional wavelength (e.g. a matter of life and death is discussed in
the same manner as the most trivial happening).
(Addendum: for true schizogenesis, the victim needs to be punished for
whatever response he gives you by further insanity-provoking
communication, preferably in a social context from which he has no
escape. If all else fails, just ask the victim, "Why don't you like/love
me?" using a hurt voice)